Attendance: Vicki J., Lisa M., Linette W., Susan G., Jay L.
- Checking Account balance as of 5/31/12: $9,349.97
- Paid $1,306 (LL Shirts and Equipment)
- Paid $300 (Soccer Paint to be reimbursed by CSC)
- Paid $550 (ECS Building Use)
- Paid $400 (Spring Soccer Registrations and sponsorships)
- Paid $171 (Pony League Insurance on 6/7)
- $3000.00 CD to mature on 12/29/12.
- Tax filing has been completed – they were due 5/15/12.
Spring Soccer (Rec):
- It has been a good season so far.
- OriginallyCooperstownscheduled all of their games to be at home. This was changed and Edmeston has had some games home.
- 4th, 5th and 6th girls only playedCooperstown teams. There were CV-S teams at other levels.
- Discussed the idea of having Spring Soccer pictures next year. Possibly we could coordinate with Little League and do the same day.
Spring Soccer (Travel):
- Season is going well.
- Lisa M. paid for the shirts upfront and will be reimbursed when the sponsor money comes in.
- Sponsorship (Chobani) has generated much “buzz” with other teams.
- Spent some time discussing age rules for Little League, how the teams were divided this year and what the intent of regular season should be compared to that of the All Star season. Discussion included how there should be equality of playing time during the regular season, what defines equal playing time (ie: players play all positions vs. players are on the field) and that All Stars may not be equal playing time. The current All-Star rule is every player is guaranteed two innings in the field and one at bat.
- Edmeston is planning to have an All Star Baseball team this year. Some UV kids will be coming up to fill the roster.
- UV has asked if we will have any kids interested in playing Minors All Stars this year in UV.
- Started practices 6/4 with the league season to start 6/14.
- 17 players signed up.
- Discussed the change to the age rule for this year. 7thgraders, still 12 years old on May 1, may play this year if:
- They played Modifed
- The school Athletic Director will give a letter of recommendation and the coach will provide a letter of recommendation.
- The player will not be participating in Little League All-Stars.
- Discussed buying our own catcher’s equipment and batting helmets to stop putting wear and tear on the school’s modified equipment. Jay gave an estimate that this would cost between $300 and $350. Everyone agreed this was ok.
- Vicki J. gave everyone a copy of the proposed agreement.
- Discussed the following additions/changes forthcoming:
- TTYC will have indefinite use
- Changes to Pest Control, Weed Control, Fertilizer wording.
- Discussed whether we should pay a larger sum up front than the $3000 that will be required.
- Possibly ask for donations to help with the project.
- Mike Rifanburg is doing the sod field. There will be a water tank there through the summer to water with.
- Talked about moving the current storage shed and cook shack. Pathfinder has offered to help out.
- E-mails have gone out.
- Vicki J. will send reminders out on Monday with the students.
- Scott and Jen Bolton will be assisting Vicki J. this year.
Headwaters (7/23 – 7/27):
- No breakfast and lunch this year.
- Notices went home on Monday.
- Linette W. volunteered to disseminate info about the camp to West Winfield.
- May coordinate some events withPathfinderVillage.
To Do List:
- Pathfinder Village Soccer Field Agreement (Vicki J.)
Next Meeting: July 5th