October 6, 2016
Attendance: Wendy, Kristi, Jay, Lisa, Jen, Teri/Scott Convis, Austin M., Jeff G.
- Checking account balance as of today: $7192.53
- $3000.00 CD to mature on 12/29/16 (Rolled over two years in December 2014).
|Brandon Clark (Chicken)||1472.50|
|Rentals to Go||150.00|
- Everything went well.
- We had about 4 halves left over, sold about 310 – it worked out nice have Cana M. help out and that Brandon was able to get all the chicken there by 10:30.
- Tents were cleaned up by 12:30.
- Pictures went smoothly, coaches kept track of their own teams and it worked well. Wendy passed out NYCM flashlights to all players (both home and visiting teams)
- Had a few parents there discussing an incident that took place during a Boys A game
- There will be a season ending meeting in Cooperstown, Jen will make sure to voice concerns over what happened this season concerning play.
- Unclear rules – not everyone following the same rules. This has been occurring often with other Cooperstown teams.
- Seriousness of coaches/players at that level – game is about learning the game, not competition
- Referees – embarrassing that we can’t use high school kids as referees at upper levels because parents/coaches are too intense
- At Rookie levels – teams are not willing to separate large groups, playing 6 v 6, or 7 v 7 with kids sitting out instead of playing two games of 4 v 4
- Basketball registrations I plan to have out to kids and posted on social media Monday 10/10 with deadline 11/13.
- Scott Whiteman at Clarks has agreed to coordinate scheduling for Edm, CVS, Richfield, Coop and any other “local” teams.
- Will plan a meeting with coaches first week in Nov to discuss teams, practice times etc.
- Concessions – Jeremy will not coordinate, however, several groups may be willing to run concessions (Safety patrol, Spanish club, etc), just need to communicate our game schedule with business office so that those groups/clubs can sign up.
- Vicki will give sophomores the totes with all the décor
- Received a $2000 donation from NYCM
- Lisa has sent out letters asking for donations
- Tri-town should donate as well
- In need a new grill this season
- Mike Bolton may be able to help with this
Closed: 8/10/16 pm
Next Meeting: 12/1/16 at 6 pm at ECS